コムスコープの世界をリードするネットワークソリューションのポートフォリオの一部である RUCKUS Networks へようこそ。詳細
Multi-dwelling units (MDUs) require wired and wireless networks that can readily accommodate many demands. Residents of student housing complexes, luxury apartment and condominium communities expect seamless connectivity to a growing array of devices and applications. In many cases, the inclusion of highperformance Wi-Fi as a housing amenity can be a factor in choosing a particular MDU community. Our partner, Synergy Fiber is well aware of this when working with developers.
Park West is a luxury student housing community that includes over 47 acres on the Texas A&M University campus in College Station. It consists of 15 buildings that provide 3,406 beds, a 50,000-ft. rooftop lounge, multiple pools, three state-of-the-art fitness centers, outdoor cooking space, sand volleyball and a jogging trail.
Park West is a public and private partnership between Texas A&M and student housing developer, Servitas. Looking to provide the students of Texas A&M University with all the necessary amenities, Servitas contacted Synergy Fiber about providing a reliable network for the student housing community. With experience in MDU deployments, Synergy Fiber wanted a future-proof, robust solution that would grow as the needs of the community grew. The goal was to be the forgotten vendor with an infrastructure built on durability and reliability. The network needed to be easy to manage and provide a great user experience.
- A wired and wireless solution that was easy to manage
- Ubiquitous Wi-Fi coverage and strong signal strength to deliver high data rates to thousands of concurrent clients
- A network that could grow to support exploding demand from an increased number of residents and devices
- Provide residents with secure and high bandwidth access
- Deployed ICX switches to provide reliable enterprise-class stackable switching to meet current demands while offering plenty of room to scale-up for future extensions
- Deployed indoor and outdoor access points (APs) for fast, reliable connectivity for seamless roaming
- SmartZone controller is used to manage the APs and to simplify the network set-up and management
- Simplified network set-up and management, enhanced security, minimized troubleshooting and made upgrades easy
- Increased the number of concurrent clients supported per AP while improving signal strength and wireless reliability
- Seamless coverage throughout the entire housing complex